Friday, March 03, 2006

Aladdin Animal Character Studies




I'm now working on some images for the story of Aladdin and his Wonderful Lamp for my Color Theory for Entertainment class with Richard Keyes. As you can see I'm using animals for the characters. Clockwise from the bottom left is the princess, the sultan, and the grand vizier. Obviously the frog is the genie (The little rabbit with his pet elephant is not part of the story.) The baby was one idea I had for the genie when I was still considering using humans. I thought he might have all the characteristics of a 2-year-old including tantrums and possibly refusing to grant wishes until he is threatened with a "time out".

2 comments:

Virginia Valle said...

great character studies

ShigueS said...

That´s a wonderfull character concept. The coolest of doing this way is not using the cliche cartooning style, but a realistic feeling to the whole thing. I´ll keep coming to see your progress!